Anti static FIBC bag by FIBC-silvassa
Anti-static FIBC Bags or dissipative FIBC bags are made of an anti-static fabric with permanent discharge properties. They have quasi-conductive yarns to dissipate electric charge. They are designed to operate safely in the presence of flammable atmospheres without the requirement of a ground connection. The fabric dissipates the electrostatic discharges by a process called corona discharge. Corona is a form of electrostatic discharge which is low in energy and is therefore incapable of causing fires. therefore, to carry hazardous materials, use of anti-static bags is highly recommended.
- There are many advantages in using this type of FIBC bag.
- Flammable materials can be stored and transported.
- No need for ground connection during filling and emptying.
- They provide protection against ignition by dissipating charge build up.
- Filling or emptying can be carried out in flammable environments without the risk of a fire accident.
- Storage space can be utilized to the maximum as the bags are stackable.
- As they are flexible there will be no damage during shipping.
Type B is used in environments where there may be a risk of explosions.
These FIBC are made with anti-static additive in plastic and in the coating if the fabric is coated.
FIBC made of non-conductive material having a breakdown voltage no higher than 6 kV. This reliably prevents ignition of combustible dust while the explosive gas atmosphere can still be ignited.
- Type B FIBC bags are perfect for the transportation of powders which are dry and flammable. They can be transported very safely.
- However, remember that no flammable gases or solvents should be kept in close proximity to the bag.
- Type B FIBCs do not have any interwoven materials with conductive properties.
Safe use for type C bags:
- To transport flammable powders.
- When flammable vapors, gases, or combustable dusts are present.
Type D bags one of the most versatile bags. Like other types of FIBCs, anti-static bags come with lifting loops and discharge openings. It could be forklifted and maneuverer easily and is capable of holding huge volumes of materials.
You can safely transport flammable products in them even where grounding is not possible. Anti-static bags can also be used for transporting hazardous material even if flammable solvents or gases are likely to be present during loading and unloading.The common uses include storing of chemicals, petrochemicals, minerals, fertilizers, grains, pigments, plastics, construction materials, and pharmaceuticals.
These bags are Eco-friendly as these can be reused and recycled.